The NZTA Level 1 Basic TC Qualification must be renewed every 3 years in order to be retained. Individuals who hold an existing and current Level 1 TC warrant can now undertake an 'online' refresher course to renew their qualification without attending a classroom workshop.
This online Basic TC Refresher course aims to refresh candidates on their knowledge of the NZTA Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM) and introduce any changes to the CoPTTM that have been made since their last formal training event.
In order to undertake this workshop students must hold a current NZTA Level 1 Basic TC qualification and be reasonably comfortable undertaking a training course using a computer or tablet PC. The online refresher course allows students to review and understand the qualification requirements in their own time in the comfort of their own environment. Once a student has reviewed the course material, there are a number of basic tests to undertake online which - if successful - will result in the student refreshing their Level 1 Basic TC warrant for a further 3 years.
Course topics include
- refreshment of basic temporary traffic management (TTM) framework concepts
- training on the use of the CoPTTM in an electronic format
- updates to the NZTA TTM qualification framework
- updates on safety
- expectations and responsibilities of various parties involved in traffic management
- updates on equipment used in TTM
- updates on static worksite expectations, worksite layout and different types of TTM closures
- introduction to changes for mobile operations expectations, including inspection
Once completed, students who are successful with this online workshop will receive by post their renewed NZTA warrant card and certificate and be entered into the NZTA TTM qualifications database.
This course provides full NZTA accredited trainer support for all students via online chat, phone or email as well as responsive technical support.
This course is to be conducted by the sole student only. It must be your own work and whilst you may seek advice from other people - the tests must be conducted individually. You will be required to declare the individual nature of your work at the conclusion of the course.
To enrol in the course, click on the banner with the text "Click Here to Enrol"
- Teacher: adolf rousseau